Spending yet another lunch break in your office? If this scenario sounds all too familiar, it's time to shake up your usual routine and schedule a visit to Baltimore's McKeldin Square.
Waterfront Partnership is revitalizing the Inner Harbor'slunch scene by providing a pop-up marketplace on Wednesdays and Fridays, from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm.Featuring a variety of local vendors and outdoor games, it didn't take long for downtown residents, workers, and visitors to take notice of Waterfront's new lunch lineup.
"The Harbor Market provides a place for downtown employees to gather over lunch and games andenjoy the waterfront neighborhood that they work in," said Laurie Schwartz, President of Waterfront Partnership. "The turnout has been very strong, exceeding both ours and our vendors' expectations."
Here are our top five reasons to check out Baltimore's new Harbor Market:
- The food. Each event brings a rotating selection of delicious eats. From local cafes, to award-winning food trucks, to bicycle-delivered ice cream sandwiches, Waterfront Partnership is lining up the best vendors Baltimore has to offer. What better way to support the city's local food scene? "We are thrilled with the lineup of local vendors who want to be involved with this series," said Schwartz.
- Adult recess. When it's time to de-stress, head to Harbor Market for the outdoor games. Cornhole, cards, and a giant version of "beer" pong will keep you entertained with lots of laughter during lunch hour. Challenge your coworkers to a tailgate style game – loser buys lunch!
- Networking. Make a new friend while in line for Dooby's, or playing on a newly-formed foursquare team. If you have a lunch meeting scheduled, move the meeting outside and pull up a seat amidst the market excitement.
- The atmosphere. With the best that Baltimore has to offer all in one place, the excitement at Harbor Market is bustling. Join in the fun and see what Waterfront Partnership is doing to collaborate with others and promote the city's assets.
- Soak up summer. Now is the time to soak up the final weeks of warm weather in Maryland. Get outside, grab a bite to eat, and enjoy the sunshine!
Harbor Market is currently scheduled to run through October 16.