Maryland leads delegation to BIO 2019
05/13/2019 | Amanda Winters
Maryland Commerce is leading a delegation of 20 biohealth and life sciences companies, educational institutions, federal agencies, and city and county economic development offices to the 2019 BIO International Convention in Philadelphia next month.
Held June 3-6, BIO brings together a variety of science-sector fields, including genomics, cell therapy, drug discovery, biomanufacturing, and more. The convention hosts more than 16,000 visitors and 7,000 companies from around the world.
The Maryland booth (#3427) is a 2,800 square-foot space strategically positioned on the exhibit floor, where high foot traffic will generate interest and visibility for the state’s companies, as well as promote Maryland as a great location to do business. As an annual BIO exhibitor for more than 20 years, the state has facilitated the connection between hundreds of Maryland companies and industry leaders across the globe.
The 20 entities traveling with Maryland Commerce to Philadelphia include:
- A2LA, an independent non-profit that offers a full range of laboratory and lab-related accreditation services and training.
- Altus Group, a Hunt Valley-based business that provides data solutions and technology services to help clients increase investment and growth.
- AsclepiX Therapeutics, a biopharmaceutical company focused on transforming the treatment of retinal diseases and cancer.
- BioHealth Innovation, an organization that accelerates and facilitates tech transfer and commercialization for labs and companies in the Maryland/Washington D.C. region.
- Cushman & Wakefield, a leading strategic commercial real estate services company.
- Fina Biosolutions, a company founded to help vaccine manufacturers make affordable protein substances for vaccines.
- City of Frederick Department of Economic Development, the city government resource for increasing economic activity in Frederick.
- Frederick County Office of Economic Development, the catalyst for economic growth and business development in Frederick County.
- Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research, a federally-funded research center sponsored by the National Cancer Institute and operated by Leidos.
- City of Gaithersburg Office of Economic Development, the city government resource that oversees economic development services in Gaithersburg.
- Galen Robotics, a Baltimore-based company looking to aid surgeons with help from a precise surgical maneuver platform.
- Lab Owl, an Automated Control Concepts, Inc. company that delivers bioreactor control systems for cell culture applications.
- LifeBridge Health, one of the largest and most-respected health providers in the Baltimore Metropolitan region.
- Montgomery County Economic Development Corporation, a nonprofit organization that helps promote economic growth in the county.
- PIC MC, or the Pinkney Innovation Complex for Science and Technology, a research campus located at Montgomery College.
- Rockville Economic Development, a public-private partnership formed to grow the city of Rockville’s economy.
- Viela Bio, a clinical-stage biotech company focused on treatments for autoimmune diseases and severe inflammation.
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) Technology Transfer Program, a collaboration that supports the development and manufacturing of new tools and standards to assess the safety and performance of products regulated by the FDA.
- UM Ventures, a joint initiative to commercialize discoveries and create economic impact in industry and social ventures.
- Weller Development Company, a privately-owned real estate firm overseeing the redevelopment of Port Covington in Baltimore City.
By traveling as part of the Maryland delegation, members receive a 4x5 exhibit area with space for brochures, signage, and meeting with conference attendees. Delegation members also receive access to conference and exhibit booth passes, tradeshow support from Maryland Commerce staff, as well as an invitation to a team networking reception during the week.
Stay up to date with the latest biohealth news from Maryland Commerce on Twitter with the hashtag #mdBioHealth.
Keep up with the latest.
Sign up for e-mail notifications.
Skilled & Educated Workforce
Outdoors & Recreation
Cybersecurity & IT
Advanced Manufacturing/Industry 4.0
Aerospace & Aviation
Cleantech & Renewable Energy
Distribution, Warehouse & Logistics
Military, Federal & Defense
Start a Business
Buildings & Sites
Global Expansion for Maryland Businesses
International Expansion in Maryland
Networking & Support
Defense Business Growth