Maryland Commerce is across the pond this week leading a delegation of biohealth and life sciences companies to the Midlands region in the United Kingdom. From March 5-7, Maryland Commerce will help the delegation begin or expand exporting in the UK market, and promote the state’s location and assets to an international audience.
The ten local companies traveling with Maryland Commerce overseas include:
- Galen Robotics, Inc., a Baltimore-based business looking to expand the benefits of minimally invasive surgeries.
- AQUAS, Inc., a minority- and woman-owned business focused on a variety of healthcare solutions.
- Biotech Diagnostics, a healthcare services startup out of Gaithersburg.
- Person Clinic, a patient-centric social network for patients and caregivers.
- StemCiTerra LLC, a Reisterstown startup looking to make cancer treatments more effective.
- Longeviti Neuro Solutions, a neuro innovation company commercializing devices that provide therapeutic benefits.
- ClickMedix, a global mobile health enterprise based in Montgomery County.
- Integrated Pharma Services, an award-winning contract research organization that analyzes and reports scientific data.
- mdlogix, a company founded to improve health outcomes and address public health concerns.
- Alavita Health, a digital health company focused on chronic care management and health monitoring.
This overseas trip will provide an exclusive opportunity to meet with investors, partners, customers, and economic development agencies in this bustling biotechnology hub in the UK. One-on-one meetings with biohealth businesses and tours of technology hubs in the Midlands will also take place during the three-day mission.
This isn’t Maryland’s first venture into the United Kingdom. In 2017, former Maryland Commerce Secretary Mike Gill signed a cybersecurity MOU with the Midlands region during Governor Hogan’s trade mission overseas. And later that year, Maryland hosted several Midlands-based cyber companies during a three-day visit to the United States.
Maryland Commerce helps small and mid-sized companies offset the costs of traveling and marketing at international trade shows by providing ExportMD grants. To learn more about the ExportMD program and eligibility requirements, visit our website.
Stay up to date with the latest international news from Maryland Commerce on Twitter with the hashtag #mdGlobal.