Catch up on the latest Maryland business news.
Maryland business successes:
- Baltimore-basedUnder Armour can now count superheroesamong its clients. The company created garments for characters in "Avengers: Age of Ultron," the Baltimore Sun reports.
- The Baltimore Business Journal also reports that Under Armour earned$33.6 million in broadcast exposure on ESPN and CBS byoutfitting pro golfer Jordan Spieth.
- Watch thePort of Baltimore in actionin this new MDBIZ News video, highlighting the facility's massive economic impact.
- InvestMaryland Challenge finalist Lessoncast is a professional learning platform designed todevelop and show teaching effectiveness,according toMDBIZ News.
- Thefree iPhone game"DomiNations,"developed by Timonium-basedBig Huge Games,is climbing the charts. Learn more about the company's road to success in The Baltimore Sun.
- InvestMaryland Challenge finalist GraftWorx is developingtechnology which willforever change the peripheral bypass graft,according toMDBIZ News.
- Stevensville-basedPaul Reed Smith Guitarsbeloved byrock stars and students alikeplans to take itsguitar manufacturing operationto the next levelwith assistance from State and county grants, MDBIZ News reports.
- InvestMaryland Challenge finalist Protenus helpshospitals protectpatient privacy in electronic medical records,using cutting-edge analytics that identify inappropriate access to patient data in real-time,according toMDBIZ News.
- University of Maryland University College's "Cyber Padawans" teamclaimedfirst place in the first-ever Cyber Diplohack, hosted by the Royal Netherlands Embassy in Washington, D.C. Watch a video from the event on MDBIZ News.
- InvestMaryland Challenge finalistMercaris provides a market data service and onlinetrading platform for agricultural commodities, according to MDBIZ News.
- As any Marylander will attest, our State is a great place to eat.Meet some of the businesses working tomake Maryland even tastier, winners of theRestaurant Association of Maryland's annual industry awards, on MDBIZ News.
- The Baltimore Business Journal examines how Astrum Solar grew from one man's concerns about global warming to one of the nation'stop-10 residential solar providers.
Maryland business resources:
- Baltimore boasts one of thefastest growing tech talent markets. The Baltimore Business Journal explains how this is helping to boost the city's larger economy.
- Alexandria LaunchLabs in Montgomery County will create five lab and office spaces toaccelerate early-stage life science companies, the Washington Business Journal reports.
- In addition to helping boost businesses throughout the State, the Maryland Department of Business and Economic Development (DBED) gives back to the community.DBED led the Maryland Charity Campaignfor the second year in a row, MDBIZ News reports.